The mission of the graduate program in tourism is to raise the abilities of academic research development, to educate professional tourism researchers or managers and planners with independent thinking, leadership skill, and global vision.
G1. Educate professional researchers or planners/managers.
G2. Ground theoretical base and consolidate operational practices.
G3. Build capability of leadership and research development.
G4. Expand global vision.
PROFESSIONAL MANAGEMENT ABILITY FOR TOURISM AND TRAVEL INDUSTRIES
- Has professional management knowledge and practical operating experience in the field of tourism.
- Understands the changes and developmental shifts of tourism industries.
ABILITIES IN COMMUNICATION, COORDINATION, AND LEADERSHIP
- Skilled in interpersonal workplace communication.
- Can self-manage and boldly assumes responsibility for achieving team goals.
INDEPENDENT THINKING AND RESEARCH DEVELOPMENT ABILITY
- Can use statistical methods and data analysis to analyze various topics.
- Has tourism industry analysis and planning capabilities.
- Can apply strategic thinking and innovation research and development methods and techniques to resolve actual problems.
ETHICAL COMPETENCE FOR TOURISM AND TRAVEL INDUSTRIES
- Familiar with legislation related to the tourism industry.
- Understands professional ethics and the social responsibilities that should be borne by individuals and businesses.
- Has a professional attitude and passion for service.
CAPABLE OF ACTIVE LIFELONG LEARNING
- Has an open attitude toward learning.
- Eager to try new things.
COMPETENCE IN GLOBAL VISION AND CROSS-CULTURAL COMPREHENSION
- Has the ability to communicate in and learn foreign languages.
- Understands professional international tourism information and technological development.